I am devastated to hear about the young man who lost his life in Croydon in the early hours of this morning. My thoughts are with his friends and family.
At 4.16pm yesterday, on Tuesday 13th June, Met Police officers in Thornton Heath were made aware of a man who had been injured at the junction of Melfort Road and Sandfield Road.
A man, aged 20, was found with stab injuries. Officers performed CPR and the victim was taken to hospital, where he sadly died in the early hours of Wednesday 14th June.
His next of kin have been informed and formal identification awaits. There have currently been no arrests, and enquiries are ongoing.
Any witnesses, or anyone who can assist the investigation, are asked to call 101 or tweet @MetCC quoting CAD 5777/13Jun. To remain anonymous, contact the independent charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
This young man had his whole life ahead of him, and this murder will sadly cause deep pain to the Croydon community. We must redouble our efforts in the fight against serious youth violence and knife crime.
If you would like to contact your local Safer Neighbourhood Team, the details of their next public meetings are below:
Fairfield Ward Panel
– 12th July 2023, 6.30 – 8.30pm at Croydon Town Hall
Addiscombe West Community Event
– 5th July 2023, 4-5pm, Freemasons Road
Addiscombe East drop-in surgery
– 28th July 2023, 11am-12pm, Lower Addiscombe Road Cafe
Shirley North Ward Panel Meeting
– 28th June 2023, 7pm-8pm, location tbc
Shirley South Community Event
– 15th July 2023, 12pm-3pm, Miller Pond Fayre
Woodside Ward Panel Meeting
– 15th June 2023, 7-9pm, Woodside Green Christian Centre, Hermitage Lane
New Addington North Community Event
– 15th June 2023, 2-4pm, Lodge Lane Ambulance Station
New Addington South Community Event
– 19th June 2023, 1-3pm, Family Centre
Park Hill and Whitgift Cuppa with a Copper
– 23 June 2023, 3-4pm, Lloyd Park Cafe
Selsdon and Addington Village
– 6th July 2023, Cuppa with a Copper, 8-12pm, St Mary’s Church Hall, Addington Village Road